The key characteristic of addition curing is a platinum-based catalyst complex. This results in – depending on the product in the A or B component – a curing that does not release any by-products and therefore does not shrink. The curing rate can be greatly accelerated by supplying heat after processing.
The reaction can be accelerated by raising the temperature
- Irreversible crosslinking
- There is no weight loss during the curing
- There is a very low degree of shrinkage (< 0.1 %)
- No by-products are released
- Excellent reproduction accuracy and excellent release properties